6.02.2009

Dear Son,

One Year since they told me that you have Autism.
I was sad that day.
I thought it meant you couldn't do stuff.
I was wrong.
I thought it meant life would be too hard.
I was wrong.
I just can't imagine my life without you
Perfect creation that you are.
You amaze me.
Your effort amazes me.
What comes effortless amazes me.
A year ago, you could count to 20.
Knew your alphabet.
Could spell a few words.
But you have amazed me beyond words.
You are almost 3.
You can read me a book about Curious George
and you can laugh at him.
You counted backwards from 900 not long ago
and read $60,000 out of a magazine.
And what about the time we played
scrabble? What other mom gets to play
Scrabble with her baby boy?
You do have to work harder
There will be struggles
I have learned so much this year.
about me
about you
about our family
about God.
But your smile...............
Your Beautiful smile.
That's what really breaks my bank!
You are my Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful,
Beautiful Boy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday E!!!!

I have to tell you: I love the video and I'm sobbing like a baby. Thank you for sharing. I feel so invested in your journey. What a positive message.