3.30.2009

The one with the most awesome....

....little conversation ever!
For the past week, I have been very consistant and sequential about naptime. We were having a horrid time getting DS to stay in the bed long enough to fall asleep. Poor little guy just could NOT wind down. I could no longer (with a good conscience) give him chocolate milk and new CD stories to get him sleepy enough to eventually die out. All along, I think he needed a little sensory integration help & the suggestions have helped Tremendously.
Push or carry heavy toys for a few minutes
Eat Lunch with Mr. Wiggles (new air seat cushion)
Read books Sitting in bed
Tell Mr. Frog, Gregory, Curious George, and Baby Doll that it is time for Nap
Tell DS it is time for Nap
Lay down under heavy blanket
Glorious sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
So, today, we head to DS's room and I say 'Mr. Frog, are you ready for stories?'
DS responds (looking directly in their eyes):
"Gregory, it's time for read books, OK?"
"Curious George, it's time for read books, OK?"
"Baby Doll, it's time for read books, OK?"
When we finished up reading, he knew exactly what was to come next.
[DS in quotes]
"Mommy's turn" I took Mr. Frog and put him to bed.
"Gregory" (we have to do them in the same order) "It's time for nap-nap. Lay down. Blanket on. No-no getting up. No-no playing. No-no jumping. Night Night. *kiss* "
"Mommy's turn" I put Curious George to bed.
"Baby Doll, It's time for nap-nap. Lay down. Blanket on. No-no getting up. No-no playing. No-no jumping. Night Night. *kiss* "
Then DS turns to me with the biggest grin on his face, ready for me to tell him the same thing. I go through the whole thing with him & he nods his head just like I do with the animals as I have them answer me.
How adorable! How amazing! Man what a little repitition can do!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest, sweetest thing I've read in a long time. I could picture the whole thing in my head.

A little boy just 3 years old said...

:-) I'm glad you could b/c I wasn't sure my "writing" skills did the job!

Shari said...

That is sweet! I can imagine it too. :) I can't wait for my little guy to start talking.

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Aww, that is just so precious!! Definitely a conversation to remember. *wub*