3.17.2009

The one with Mother Lion and her cubs...

Me and the kids met Dr. GI for the first time today.
All sides agree that all DD's reflux issues are gone and we can move away from any medication/testing/treatment for GERD (reflux). If we notice any change in the next 3 months, she will want to do a Barium study and Endoscopy. I do not think that will happen.
In that respect, I liked Dr. GI.
However, we were ushered into this CHILDREN's HOSPITAL satellite office 'room' that had 10,000 buttons/dials, and NO door to boot. DS was in button & machine heaven. Mom was in total misery and there was nowhere to undress Baby Sis. So, I was left to undress, help weigh, help measure & keep DS from breaking all the gadgets at the same time. Of course, we were in a new place and his ears were closed to any instruction I was waisting my breath on.
In my huffy voice (that I hate and try SO SO hard to stay away from using), I said 'Is there a room we can go to soon? He's having a really hard time.' She said yes, and I asked her to please tell me what number it was. #8. Ahhhh..... 'DS, we are going to room #8. See if you can find it. I need you to listen to mommy. We are going to go in and sit down and Dr.GI is going to look at Baby sis.' (blah..blah..blah... you get the point).
Well, DS listened as long as it took him to find door #8. After that, I might as well have had a bouncing, spinning, chattering TIGGER on my hands. I think he settled on singing the calendar for about 10 minutes at one point, as LOUD as he could.
Anyway.... Dr.GI finally came and disregarded the fact that I was having a hard time keeping DS under control. But then, she says 'Baby Sis (but her real name), Baby sis, Baby sis......... Baby sis. WOW - you won't look at me at all. You just don't like looking people in the eyes do you? Oh, wow, look at me, I'm over here... Baby sis, Baby sis, Baby sis....'
GROWWWWLLLL....errrrrrrrrrrr
I really need not explain why it turned me into a growling Mother Lion....
I wasn't sure why she was making such a big deal - but I've never questioned Baby sis in the least - and whether she meant it or not.... I just wanted to grab my cubs and go.
....................................................................
I'm the first to admit how imperfect I am. These are the situations, the ones that I have no control where I #1 realise how dependant I should be on God for my peace in every situation and #2 let my emotions get the best of me and let my witness go by the wayside. My energy was wasted on this trip - I am drained at this very moment to the point in which I just want to go lay down. However, I am not without Hope. I pray God will give me another day (although I am not promised one) and that I will seek HIS strength better tomorrow.
1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:1..5..8
Always talking about needing a 'breath' or a rest, I am very comforted by the fact that God knows I will need hope...and rest...and refuge. He knows how imperfect I am and JUST what I need WHEN I need it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great post. I'm growling right with you...