7.13.2009

Urinal Update

Who knew I'd ever have 2 posts about a urinal... ha!
Well, all my hopes and dreams were crushed tonight. Not really, but teacher #1 and I were rehashing how hilarious last night's bathroom festivities were and I found out that she wasn't talking about the URINAL.... she was just talking about him standing at the potty. No bother, he's never done that at home either.
She reenacted [at dinner] in full how much too TALL he was to go pee-pee standing on the stool. And how much too short he was to go standing on the floor. Let me just tell you - watching a 30 something lady reenact a boy potty scene AT DINNER was enough to put me over the edge.
Anyway, tonight, teacher #2 took him potty. Of course, he told them YES he needed to go (this is almost always his answer). I am picturing his pants and diaper in the floor of the bathroom - thrown wherever they came off. Complete with naked bottom, Teacher #2 is helping & he doesn't REALLY have to pee. So, she says that he is holding the little thing, "Come on pee pee, Come on pee pee, Come on pee pee" because it is just not acceptable to GO to the bathroom and NOT pee. She said that finally he dribbled a TINY bit and then reached towards the water to touch it before she stopped him.
Ahh.... I guess my potty stories are JUST beginning. I do, however, think that if there are other kids going potty at his school, he's going to pick this up QUICK!
I got to watch him get in line from the playground and walk in so good. He got out of line a couple times, but listened very attentively when teacher #1 told them to get back in line.
VBS night 2 - went well! Theme: Urine....er....I mean.... The life of Peter
Good times!!

3 comments:

China said...

Yes, lots of potty memories coming back to me now...
Like the time I spotted my two year old daughter in the bathroom pulling the last bit of toilet paper off the roll and adding it to the big, fluffy mound of toilet paper in the toilet that I could see sticking above the seat level. Just as I spot her, she spotted me and ...
FLUSHED!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO many potty tales. But this one had me cracking up b/c it reminded me of the 34 yr. old boy in my house (aka husband) who still can be heard saying something to the effect of 'come on pee pee.' DS is way cuter, I'm sure! I must say, I'm glad I didn't have to potty-train a boy - I'd be clueless!

Laura said...

oh yeah, the beginning of the beginning in the potty department....I wouldn't put it off too long. They only become more defiant as they get older, and less adaptable to change.