10.29.2008

Inspired Art

Thanks to blogger 'Laura' I was inspired to post some of DS's work. The cat is out of the bag on this post - as DS likes to write his name *wink*. No translation needed for 2 of the names here, but the one at the bottom is 'Daddy'.
The cat's name is 'Patches'.
I asked him to DRAW Patches.
This is what I got.
...and this is what he did for me when I asked for a picture of a 'Cat' and a 'Dog'. ;-)
...and this was what HE wanted to do. Circles, Hearts, Rectangles, and Triangles.
Before he drew circles all over top of his picture, there were about 6 different tries at his name. When he gets to the edge of the paper and runs out of room to write, he moves over and starts over again. It is quite amazing to watch a 2 year old writing his name. As wonderful as that is, I am sad that he doesn't draw beautiful squiggly line pictures anymore - so today our project will be working on drawing PICTURES instead of names. Maybe he'll enjoy that.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love it! Holy moly...that's amazing. You weren't kidding when you wrote it's your present.