9.26.2008

Oh the Joy!!!

There have been a massive amount of improvements recently. In part - its the therapy & the constant working on of therapy (mostly speech). In part - its a 2 year old hitting some big language growth spurts. In part - its the stress leveling off and having a little sister who is more capable to be social WITH. In part - he's just a smarty pants (yeah, I said it ;) No matter which part adds which element - the fact that I am able to sit back and ENJOY my son is wonderful beyond words. Sometimes - the JOY cannot be contained. Yesterday, we took a trip to the library. It is getting easier and easier to get both kids in and out with enjoyable parts in the middle. Last night, Dad was able to go too. I headed straight for the 'Early Reader' section to pick out a few books that DS might want to read. Sissy was crawling around the floor and DS pulled a toy into the floor. A little girl (maybe 6or7) walked over to the toy DS was playing with and I asked him to share. He didn't care and grabbed a book to look at instead. Then he stopped what he was doing to observe her playing and walked over. He stooped down to get in her face and said 'Hi'. She looked at him like.... uh.... whatever... which I guess is pretty normal for a 6 year old girl. But, it was one of the most amazing things I'd ever seen. I just couldn't believe it. If I wouldn't have looked like a total fool, I'd have done a little dance.

2 comments:

Laura said...

LOL

What a sweetie. Cherish those moments, and prepare yourself for many more. :-)

3boys4tre said...

I love it. I would have done the happy dance!

Beau got a snack yesterday and brought it to me to open. I said, "Beau needs bowl".

Beau brought me the bowl. I tackled him and kissed his pale little cheeks until I smoothered him. He looked at me like I was crazy, but I am, crazy for him to do more in his own time!

How exciting for you!