9.10.2008

OT

Its Rainy... the day was off to a good start. We all 3 ate a healthy breakfast together at the table. I have to admit that in my frustration at the rest of the day falling apart I am quietly sitting here contemplating on scripture & my role as a parent. Really, these kids and all the therapists are children of God. My children aren't even MY children. I am here - given a job from God - to raise these gifts the way HE would have me to. I am in no way in CONTROL of anything that happens, but I am responsible for my reaction and my job. I struggle, as does everyone else.... but I also hold onto the HOPE that God has promised - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. The chubby little fingers, the heartbeats, the smiles and the tantrums. It is all embodied inside the growing little children in my house. God put them together.. piece by piece. How awesome is that? He knew who they were - who they are - who they will be. That really does make it all better. The daily happenings around here are just a 'by-product' of the bigger picture. I'm going to sit back and try to enjoy the bigger picture instead of nitpicking on tiny details that get me off track into the world of negativity. OT today. Leap Frog Book - went well. Theraputty - went great. Fingerpaints - tenative, but successful. Back to Leap Frog Book - doesn't want to give it up. Lunch - meltdown - won't try the new food of the week 'carrots'. Total meltdown over wanting APPLES which aren't at the table and mommy can't give in. Back to Leap Frog Book - more meltdowns as Mitzi tries to escape without causing further damage. (not that it was her fault, he is just in a mood today). *Sigh*

No comments: