4.22.2009

The one with new Case Worker details...

I got a call from Tammy's (old case worker) supervisor today.
I spoke with a different supervisor yesterday who was able to take care of cancelling our current OT services. Then, I had to speak to Tammy TWICE on the phone about cancelling OT -because the supervisor enforced her handling it. It went ok, but I just kept my mouth shut and said what I had to. Have I ever told you I hate confrontation? Well, I do.
So, Tammy's supervisor (name slipping mind) spent quite a while on the phone with me. She addressed my concerns over why Tammy was a bad fit. She addressed getting the new OT up and running ASAP. She addressed questions I felt were never answered (there were a lot). And she addressed what a Case Worker IS and isn't supposed to do for a family. The 'isn'ts' were pretty self explanatory and the 'is's' were mind boggling. Bottom line - Tammy really isn't doing her job. Everything was always vague with her. Tammy told me that she could not help me choose a therapist in any way. What the supervisor is telling me is that No, they can't recommend one over another (understandable) because they contract with them all.... but they can help in any way possible to find the right fit (based on credentials, specialties, degrees, etc..). All I EVER got was a list.
But LOW AND BEHOLD if I wasn't told an untruth by Tammy AND by fired OT Amy. There is NO rule in any book that a child is only allowed one evaluation per year. It is a decision that is completely child driven. That tells me #1. Tammy must have told Amy said untruth, in which Amy didn't protest or #2. Amy didn't ask for an evaluation in the first place, like we discussed.
The supervisor is going to keep our case for now until we get OT services going, so we won't be in limbo. Then she is going to assign us with the best fit for our needs - keeping in mind the list of people I have requested. Fair enough.
Supervisor has a list of 4 things to do for us:
--Find info on Dawn (new OT), set up OT sessions, and get us started with an evaluation.
--Research our case fully; find out what type of evaluation was done if any regarding OT
--Find the right NEW case worker for us.
--Get information together on County/Private Preschool programs requested

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you've been through a lot with all this. Glad to see that things are starting to turn around... you'll emerge from this process even stronger and better able to advocate for your son.

(my word verification is "pound". hhhmmmm.)