11.04.2008

TEACCH

I understood more about TEACCH this week. Ron really 'got his number' last week - watching him master the cognitive skills tasks. This week he brought alphabet matching, spelling, and the MORE important pretend play skill tasks. So, rather than this be a progressive learning experience (like speech where we do relatively the same stuff each week and I learn from that), this is more like an actual CLASS. Each week we have a lesson and I have homework. This week I am supposed to create a learning area and some stations for DS. The only thing I really need to BUY for this week is a collapsible bookcase or shelving unit. I forgot to blog just after Ron left, so I am forgetting major things..... DS did a great job transitioning, but already showed a preference for wanting to do the 'work' instead of play part of the routine... and I had warned Ron about that. We are also supposed to start thinking what kinds of choices we are needed him to make on a daily basis so we can get some picture cards made to facilitate him in more SPONTANEOUS speech.

No comments: